Welcome to the Naked Mountain Man Blog

Please enjoy the site!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Books Came In!!! And the Tragedy of Game Genie

     Today is a pretty great day. After taking a little break from work, I came back to the office to find three packages waiting on my desk for me. Needless to say, I am pretty excited about this. I can now add four incredibly awesome books to my library (yes, I own a library!). Two books by Kev Reynolds, Chamonix to Zermatt: The Classic Walker's Haute Route and Walking in The Alps, should come in handy and provide some great reading. After a quick ten minute skim through them, they look fantastic, and should help Alex and I on our adventure. I'm also pretty excited to read John 'Lofty' Wiseman's SAS Survival Handbook, and put some of those Man skills to use. I also got my Katadyn Hiker Microfilter today too, but being that I am in Afghanistan, I will just wait until returning home before testing the filter. I wouldn't drink any of this poop water here unless someone was willing to give me a million bucks, and pay for my treatment after contracting some unknown disease.     
     During my little work break this afternoon, Alex brought up a great point about the downfall of our current generation and how it can be attributed to the Game Genie, the cheating attachment to Nintendo and Sega gaming systems in the early 90's. By popping the Game Genie on to your favorite game, you could blaze through level after level without worrying about any consequences or challenging yourself at all. Unfortunately, Game Genie doesn't come in real life, and those little children of my generation who attempted to skate through life just as they attempted to cheat their way through Mario Brothers soon found out that success doesn't happen without hard work and some amount of skill. If people want a scapegoat for the laziness and ignorance of America's 80's babies, they need to look no further than the diabolical Game Genie.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment